Sunday, May 9, 2010

Michele's First Week Back at Work







So I finally went back to work on May 3. It was really hard leaving the house on Monday knowing that I was going to be gone all day. I have to say that the anticipation is definitely worse than actually going back to work but it isn't easy either. It will take some time to adjust to the new routine but it is nice to have adult conversations (that aren't about Emma) and for my brain to work again. It's also nice to reconnect with all my coworkers. I know things will get easier as time goes on - I just don't want to miss out on the little things and I have already... But again, I know it is an adjustment.

Jamey took off Monday and Tuesday to help transition Emma to Laetitia full time and we are glad he did that. I think it was good for Emma since we just came back from the east coast and she was a bit jet-lagged. But, Emma did really well with Laetitia - she took some long afternoon naps, went to the park, sunbathed (sorta) outside, ate from the bottle without a problem and happily played like the happy little girl she is.

The best treat I got all week was Jamey brought Emma to my office on Friday and we went to the park for lunch. It was so nice to see her and it brightened my day! I was feeling sad and after her visit I was really happy. It was REALLY nice of Jamey to bring her.

She did a couple of funny and new things this week. Apparently Emma was playing with a toy earlier in the day and then Trystan started to play with it later. When Laetitia held Emma over Trystan to look at him Emma started screaming at him because she wanted the toy. When she got the toy she stopped screaming and was all smiles. Laetitia said it was hilarious. Emma also started to go to sleep a bit earlier - her bedtime now seems to be between 8-9. This is nice for us because Jamey and I can spend some time with each other but it makes me sad because I don't have a lot of time with her. As I said before, I see her in the morning when I feed her but she goes to sleep almost right after. Then when I get home she is tired and not that playful and then goes to bed. That is what the hardest part for me is about going back to work. I just wish I had some more time with her so I could play with her. Another new thing she started to do this week was babble A LOT!!! She is blowing bubbles when she does and has become a bit of a drool monster. It is really cute to hear her babble and boy oh boy does she go on and on. She really wants to talk.

On Saturday, we went to the California Academy of Sciences and became members. There is so much to do there and we look forward to going back many times. We went to the Extreme Mammals exhibit and while Emma enjoyed it, I think Jamey and I enjoyed it more. There was stuff for her to look at but it wasn’t that colorful and it was a dimly lite room. After that exhibit we went into the Rainforest and Emma really liked that. She looked around at all the butterflies, reptiles, insects, birds, trees and more. We know that she will definitely want to go back there often when she gets older. After the Rainforest we went to the Aquarium – but we were all tired so we decided to leave and come back another time. It was a great family outing and can’t wait to do more trips like that one.

1 comment: