Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our little girl is a year old!














Where did the time go? Seriously. It is amazing how much faster time goes when you have a child. Every day/milestone accounted for, every smile, laugh, bump on the head burned into our memory… or at least it seems. I am so conflicted that Emma is 1! Where did my little baby girl go? She is so big now! It is amazing to see her grow but time is just going by too fast!

Emma really is this beautiful, happy little person who is definitely coming into her own. She has a distinctive personality now – she knows what she likes and wants, and really knows what she doesn’t like or want! She is constantly exploring, pointing at things, and even getting pretty good at walking (while assisted). She is our little dancer and social butterfly. Whenever I talk to people who know Emma they always say how happy she is – all the time. It makes me feel so good to know that while I am at work Emma is happy, smiling and in a good mood. She still loves her baths although it is getting more and more challenging to give them to her because she likes to stand up in the tub. She is a great little eater – and there are only a few things that she doesn’t like – avocado and cottage cheese (although we haven’t given it to her for a while). I know I am missing something but I can’t remember. She loves carbs – waffles, pancakes, bread, pasta. I think if that is all we fed her she would be fine. But she loves her veggies and fruit – broccoli and zucchini I think are her favorite vegetables, and she loves all kinds of fruit – mango, papaya, apples, bananas, pears, blueberries.

Emma started a new music class – this time with a new teacher. She absolutely loves it! She pays close attention to what is going on, dances, smiles and participates when she can. As you all know, she loves to swim but her swim classes are coming to an end and Jamey and I decided to take a break from them for a bit. We’ve been doing them for a while but we don’t want to have the commitment for the time being.

Emma continues to love reading and has some favorite books. She loves her two puppy books; I love you Sun, I love you Moon; Goodnight Kisses and another touch and feel book. We read to her every day and she finally pays attention – at least for a little bit.

On Emma’s actual birthday, I worked from home and took a half day so I could be with her. We sang her Happy Birthday many times and Judith threw her a wonderful birthday party at the park. Judith bought her two cakes and all the kids and nannies sang her Happy Birthday. Judith also bought her a princess tiara to wear but Emma was not a fan. She doesn’t like things on her head – it is always a challenge to get her to wear a hat so most of the time we don’t even bother putting one on her. Anyway, Emma loved the cake! I think she would have eaten the entire thing if we allowed her to. That afternoon, I was a cooking machine for her party. I was set on making her cake from scratch – frosting and all, and making all the food. I don’t know why I insisted on doing it all but let me tell you I was very proud of myself!

On Saturday, December 18 we threw her a grand ole party! Grandma Marcia and Grandpa Bob came in from LA to help celebrate. Carissa came over in the morning and helped decorate all the cakes – yes plural – I made 3! She also was a TREMENDOUS help in getting the house ready and decorating it. Chris too came over and helped. We couldn’t have done it all without their help. We are forever grateful to them!

Around 30 people came, kids and adults, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and Emma was loving every minute of having a full house and the spotlight on her. She was social, went to everyone without a problem and was as happy as can be. Once everyone left, we opened a few gifts and then Emma had enough and was ready to go to bed. We had so much food left over it was ridiculous but I would rather have more food than not enough. All in all the party was a success, I think everyone had a great time and I am thrilled we threw a party for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment